[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] - Chelsio T3 Git Repositories

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Dec 7 13:55:55 PST 2006

Steve Wise wrote,
>I'm also maintaining a kernel git repository with the various needed
>patches for running the T3 device at:

>git://staging.openfabrics.org/~swise/cxgb3.git

>This repository is based on Linus's git tree as of 2.6.19.  The cxgb3
>branch should be checked out to get the latest T3 patches including the
>low level Ethernet driver.  This repos will eventually go away
>(hopefully :) as the T3 drivers are pulled into 2.6.20.

It looks like this tree is not based on 2.6.19 for the
drivers/infiniband/core
but some other tree. When I do a git-diff of your tree against
linux-2.6.19
there are diffs in the drivers/infiniband/core that should not be there.

I think you need to rebase your tree on a stock linux 2.6.19 and then
only add
the cxgb3 code, or have a branch that only contains the cxgb3 code and
another
branch that might contain other newer infiniband/core code if you want
to test with that.
This way, someone can easily do a git-diff of cxgb3 with a stock
linux-2.6.19 to
generate a patch that only contains the Chelsio code.

woody