[openib-general] version #defines for the kernel

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Dec 7 14:44:59 PST 2006

 > ...but is this the right thing to do?  It's the "USER" in
 > IB_USER_VERBS_ABI_VERSION that's making me nervous since this is kernel code.

No, this is utterly wrong -- the userspace verbs ABI has nothing to do
with the in-kernel API (which changes at any time with no notice).

 > Actually a single OFED version #define would most probably suit my purposes -
 > is that controversial?

It might be sensible for OFED to supply that, if it's going to
backport drivers to old kernels.  But you should also cope with
non-OFED (vanilla upstream) drivers, probably by testing
LINUX_VERSION_CODE too I suppose.