[openib-general] OpenSM Issues of the last couple days

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Dec 7 14:48:08 PST 2006

Hi Eitan,

Just wanted to close the loop on the OpenSM issues of the last couple
days.

1. When can you supply an OpenSM verbose log for the InformInfo
subscribe problem you reported earlier today ? Failing that, I don't
know how to reproduce this.

2. With the latest tree, do your simulation tests now work ? The
osm.fdbs UNREACHABLE was only a problem with the file and not with the
LFTs in the network.

3. In terms of file format changes, the lack of any file versioning
makes it difficult to move these forward when the need arises. (The
format change to osm.mcfdbs was unintentional (not by design)).

4. I encourage you to look at and comment on the OpenSM patches rather
than waiting for them to be in the tree.

Thanks for your help in finding the bugs sooner.