[openib-general] OpenSM Issues of the last couple days

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Sat Dec 9 10:01:01 PST 2006

Hi Eitan,

On 16:26 Sat 09 Dec     , Eitan Zahavi wrote:

> Without another devel branch I will not be able to test patches before
> the make it into the trunk.
>
> I do not know how to make an automatic mail extraction into patches into
> tree such that I can have automatic patch check.

You can just pipe emails with patches to git-am (manually after review
or automatically via procmail), so this will be committed in the local
tree/branch as you want.

> I am not a great fan of a new branch too.
>
> So we need to agree that regression runs resulting with bug reporting
> post commit to the trunk is our mode of work.

It is ok for me. At least as start point, if we will have automatic
nightly regression tests for the trunk it is just fine. If this will
work, and after collecting some experience we may think about
"quarantine" branch/tree and the regression testing expansion.

> I do not have a big issue with this (but it is more work for Hal).

Hal, what do you say?

Sasha