[openib-general] cannot clone librdmacm

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Dec 11 07:28:01 PST 2006

On 21:27 Sun 10 Dec     , Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > Right, and everyone can enable this, if _he_ wants.
>
> I think the point is that in the OFA environment, there's no obvious
> reason to disable the hook, since without the hook http:// transport
> is broken.
>
> So it makes sense to help people who aren't necessarily git experts,

IMO the maintaining the public git repository requires some minimal
experience anyway and I don't think that hiding such details under
default settings is so helpful - "default" git defaults are reasonable
start point.

And I guess to make 'chmod +x hooks/port-update' (after such stuff as
running git-init-db, editing description, pushing whole history, etc...)
is not big issue. If I'm wrong about it and it is I'm ready to help to
each one, who needs such help.

> and pick a default that makes things work smoothly.  Experts can
> disable the hook if there's some reason to do so (although to be
> honest I don't see any reason).

I may not see any reason too, but this should not be my decision (or
such aggressive "suggestion" as hook enabled by default).

BTW we likely will want to setup email notification hooks as well, this
can be more "complicated" than just 'chmod +x'. I guess we will no want
to prepare executable hook template with predefined email addresses...

Sasha