[openib-general] libsdp: RFC changing libsdp.conf location

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Mon Dec 11 13:42:36 PST 2006

> > Are you changing the libsdp.conf location or not?
> >
> Currently the only feedback I got say that I need not install
> libsdp.conf at all.
> I only need to install an example somewhere (I do not know
> where - maybe
> docs?)
> Instead I am going to change the default libsdp behavior to
> that of the
> default config.
>
> Do you have some insight into this issue? Any preferences?

I strongly disagree with not installing libsdp.conf at all.  On my RHEL4
system I count 57 /etc/*.conf files.  Most of these I have never
changed, yet they are useful references.

I'm OK with leaving libsdp.conf in /usr/local/ofed/etc.

How do other RPM packages with .conf file handle upgrading the .conf
file?

Scott