[openib-general] booting problem after cross compile to ppc in infiniband source of linux-2.6.19

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Dec 13 23:32:49 PST 2006

 > I used linux-2.6.19 supported by AMCC. I only installed HCA in PCIE slot1.
 > And I don't have any other PCIE adapter. But I will test the other PCIE adapter. And I don't know exactly my cpu type. Only it is written 440SPe rev 2.0, p/n PPC440SPe-RGB533C in the chip. If so, what I have to compile official release linux-2.6.19 source?

If AMCC is supporting your kernel you might want to ask them for help.

The part number "RGB" means you have a rev B part (the "B").  You can
also look in /proc/cpuinfo to see the PVR to find out what chip you
have.

To use the standard 2.6.19 kernel on a rev B chip you need the patches
I posted to linuxppc-embedded a few weeks ago.  Otherwise PCIe won't
work.  The patches aren't merged upstream yet because they still need
some cleanup.

 - R.