[openib-general] nightly osm_sim report 2006-12-14:normal completion

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 14 11:53:52 PST 2006

Update on analysis of failures:

Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>
>> Hi Eitan,
>>
>> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 02:11, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
>>

>>> OSM Simulation Regression Summary
>>> OpenSM rev = ____
>>> ibutils rev = ____
>>> Total=264 Pass=261 Fail=3
>>>
>>> Pass:
>>> 36 Stability IS1-16.topo
>>> 36 Pkey IS1-16.topo
>>> 36 Multicast IS1-16.topo
>>> 36 LidMgr IS1-16.topo
>>> 35 OsmStress IS1-16.topo
>>> 12 Stability IS3-loop.topo
>>> 12 Stability IS3-128.topo
>>> 12 Pkey IS3-128.topo
>>> 12 OsmStress IS3-128.topo
>>> 12 Multicast IS3-loop.topo
>>> 11 Multicast IS3-128.topo
>>> 11 LidMgr IS3-128.topo
>>>
>>> Failures:
>>> 1 OsmStress IS1-16.topo

Job was killed in the middle. Just an accident.
>>> 1 Multicast IS3-128.topo

A single packet was dropped on the way to the SM. Still not clear where.
However, I have seen a perfectly good link reported by the drop manager
as missing.
I will rerun some tests with valgrind as  I think this might be a memory
corruption issue.
>>> 1 LidMgr IS3-128.topo

Seems like the last sweep started before the last change in LID was
made. So it missed one of the nodes.
Additional sweep was enforced at the end of the test - just to make sure
all changes are handled.