[openib-general] nightly osm_sim report 2006-12-14:normal completion

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Dec 14 12:18:07 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 14:53, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Update on analysis of failures:
>
> Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> > Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Eitan,

> Job was killed in the middle. Just an accident.

Is that always the case ? This one has been consistently failing.
I think you had written something about this failure back in July. I can
dig it out if you want.

> A single packet was dropped on the way to the SM. Still not clear where.
> However, I have seen a perfectly good link reported by the drop manager
> as missing.

I think I may have seen this as well on some rare occasions. I could
never figure out why this happened.

> I will rerun some tests with valgrind as  I think this might be a memory
> corruption issue.

OK.

> Seems like the last sweep started before the last change in LID was
> made. So it missed one of the nodes.
> Additional sweep was enforced at the end of the test - just to make sure
> all changes are handled.

So is this being reported as a failure improperly then ?

-- Hal