[openib-general] [query]requirement of 'process_mad' in the HCA driver

Devesh Sharma devesh28 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 00:17:23 PST 2006

On similar lines I have a confusion about the mad agent creation:-
 there is a function in mad.c   ib_agent_port_open() which creates
_send_only_ SMAs for GSI and SMI per port.

There is a function in mthca_mad.c mthca_create_agents() which is
_again_ createing two send only mad agents for SMI and GSI.

Why this driver specific agent creation is required?