[openib-general] tavor quirks etc (opensm compliance etc)

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Dec 28 02:25:13 PST 2006

Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Or Gerlitz wrote:
>>> Assuming the value M represents the lowest MTU on the path
>>> We denote by M-1 the MTU value one level below M (e.g. 1K if M=2K)
>>> R represents the MTU value in the request. Similarly R-1 is one below
>>> R and R+1 is one above R.
>>>
>>> Query-MTU | Query-Sel | Resp by Spec     | OpenSM Should  | OpenSM
>>> Quirk w. Tavor End Port
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> UNDEFINED | UNDEFINED | <= M             | M              | min(M,1K)
>>> R         | <         | <= min(R-1, M)   | min(R-1, M)    | min(R-1,
>>> M, 1K)
>>> R         | =         | R if M>=R /ERR   | R if M>=R /ERR | R if M>=R
>>> /ERR
>>> R         | >         | R < <= M         | R+1 if M>R /ERR| R+1 if

>> 1st maybe its clear to everyone expect me, but what do you mean by
>> /ERR in the table above, is it what opensm would return before the
>> patch you suggested?

> By ERR I mean that the path being evaluated is rejected from being
> included in the paths group of the response to the provided query.

so when you say

"X if some relation holds on (Y,Z) /ERR"

you mean that it "should return X but if r(Y,Z) holds return no record"
and this how the code is written with the patch?

>> 2nd can you post the open sm tavor quirk patch?
>>
> What do you mean? The old patch introducing the "opensm quirk" mode?
> It is GIT versions: 86077144ed956ddb32a0f8d067d5bb00fd564ac6 followed by
> 03e3b3a6fa934202c0f4270a2c69d64ac486b1ca
> or SVN: 9497 followed by 9518

OK, thanks, i guess you mean to the svn trunk or its the ofed 1.1
branch? can be cool if you send a pointer to the SVN...

Or.