[openib-general] tavor quirks etc (opensm compliance etc)

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 28 02:46:03 PST 2006

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Eitan Zahavi wrote:

>>> 1st maybe its clear to everyone expect me, but what do you mean by
>>> /ERR in the table above, is it what opensm would return before the
>>> patch you suggested?
>>>

>> By ERR I mean that the path being evaluated is rejected from being
>> included in the paths group of the response to the provided query.
>>

> so when you say
>
> "X if some relation holds on (Y,Z) /ERR"
>
> you mean that it "should return X but if r(Y,Z) holds return no record"
> and this how the code is written with the patch?

No:
R if M>=R /ERR mean:
Return R if M is bigger or equal to R or else this path does not match
the request.

R+1 if M>R /ERR meas:
Return R+1 if M is bigger then R or else this path does not match the request.

If no paths math the request you the response depends on the query method:
For Get(PathRecord) you will get an error.
For GetTable(PathRecord) you will get zero number of returned records
For GetMulti(MultiPathRecord) you should get zero number of returned records

EZ
>>> 2nd can you post the open sm tavor quirk patch?
>>>

>> What do you mean? The old patch introducing the "opensm quirk" mode?
>> It is GIT versions: 86077144ed956ddb32a0f8d067d5bb00fd564ac6 followed by
>> 03e3b3a6fa934202c0f4270a2c69d64ac486b1ca
>> or SVN: 9497 followed by 9518
>>

> OK, thanks, i guess you mean to the svn trunk or its the ofed 1.1
> branch? can be cool if you send a pointer to the SVN...

This is trunk