[dat-discussions] [openib-general] [RFC] DAT2.0immediatedataproposal

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Thu Feb 9 12:54:49 PST 2006

dat-discussions at yahoogroups.com wrote:
> Caitlin,
> can you clarify this.
> Are you proposing that Consumer encode a bit of Immediate
> Data to specify that it is immediate data?
> iWARP will pass it in Send message and IB in Immediate Data.

If we agreed that there was some accute need for this 33rd
bit coming down from the application layer then creating an
iWARP untagged message that encoded the first 32 bits, the
length of the RDMA write and the magic bonus bit would
indeed be a possible solution.

I am skeptical that there is a true application derived
need for this bonus bit that justifies the complexity
required to document it.

If the application only needs this bonus bit when running
over IB then it really doesn't need it at all.