[dat-discussions] [openib-general][RFC] DAT2.0immediatedataproposal

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Thu Feb 9 12:56:00 PST 2006

Mike,
but then the combined operation can as easily be handle by a "multiple
post operation".
What is the need specific transport-independent RDMA Write with
immediate data.

I am still concern over the need of Consumer Recv side to separate recv
of Immediate Data
from "regular" Recv. Consumer "knows" what it expect to match the posted
Recv.
There is one to one mapping between non-pure RDMA transfer ops of one
side with Recv
of another. Sure ULP may use the same size buffers for all. But how many
ULPs mix the Immediate Data size messages ( 4 bytes on IB ) with normal
Sends of the same exact size.

Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com

Network Appliance Inc.               phone: 781-768-5395

1601 Trapelo Rd. - Suite 16.        Fax: 781-895-1195

Waltham, MA 02451                   central phone: 781-768-5300