[openib-general] Low cost MBs compatible with Mellanox PCIE Cards

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Tue Feb 14 17:02:10 PST 2006

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea if any lower end bare bones motherboards (ie the
Asus/Gigabyte type vendors) work successfully with a Mellanox PCI-E x8
card (MHGS18-XT A2 specifically)?

I'm looking for a cost-effective way to get a bunch of IB hosts for
testing, so compute performance isn't a concern. I have a couple
desktop systems here that won't even POST if the IB card is installed
in the x16 slot so there are definately some compatability problems
out there..

Thanks,
Jason