[openib-general] Low cost MBs compatible with Mellanox PCIE Cards

Dave Watkins dwatkins at insite.co.nz
Tue Feb 14 17:12:10 PST 2006

I've tried a few Asus boards with IB cards in their graphics card slots
with no luck, the boards did post but the cards weren't visable to the
drivers. Same cards in other machines were fine.

I suspect somewhere in the BIOS or chipset you can actually say that a
certain PCI-E x16 slot is for "graphics" and no other cards are
initialised, but that's only a guess.

Dave