[openib-general] Re: Plans for libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Feb 19 05:31:56 PST 2006

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: Plans for libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond
>
>     Christoph> we also currently prefer svn for the 1.0 release.  At
>     Christoph> some point we'll have to backport bugfixes to the 1.0
>     Christoph> release found in a later development version.  Having
>     Christoph> to do that at all isn't really fun, but having to keep
>     Christoph> some of that code in "sort of" sync between different
>     Christoph> repositories is even more difficult.
>
> There seems to be some confusion here.  There would only ever be one
> libibverbs repository.  The only question is whether it remains in svn
> or moves to a different SCM.
>
> In fact moving to git would make porting patches between different
> branches far easier.

I think the claim is that it's awkward to use different tools to get different
components.  Related question: can git support working on just the infiniband
subdirectory of a tree?  Thats important e.g. for people that only want to work
on the infiniband stuff against the last stable kernel.

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies