[openib-general] Re: Plans for libibverbs 1.0, 1.1 and beyond

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Feb 19 14:16:59 PST 2006

    Michael> I think the claim is that it's awkward to use different
    Michael> tools to get different components.  Related question: can
    Michael> git support working on just the infiniband subdirectory
    Michael> of a tree?  Thats important e.g. for people that only
    Michael> want to work on the infiniband stuff against the last
    Michael> stable kernel.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do.  In general a distributed
SCM like git is much better for pulling changes from one tree to
another.  So for example, it's easy to clone a kernel tree, check out
the v2.6.15 tag, and then pull from my infiniband.git tree to get only
the IB changes in a given branch.

 - R.