[openib-general] Re: ibv_create_srq doesn't update the SRQ init attributes

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Feb 20 08:48:56 PST 2006

    Dotan> No problem, but I don't know what to change ...  Can you
    Dotan> explain to me the concept of the ABI versioning ?

I don't think either the ABI or API has to change.  Right now we have

struct ibv_srq *ibv_create_srq(struct ibv_pd *pd,
			       struct ibv_srq_init_attr *srq_init_attr);

so the library should just update srq_init_attr with the values
actually used to create the SRQ.  The parameter isn't declared const
or anything, so this should be fine for the 1.0 release.

 - R.