[openib-general] RE: ibv_create_srq doesn't update the SRQ init attributes

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Mon Feb 20 22:19:51 PST 2006

> I don't think either the ABI or API has to change.  Right now we have

>struct ibv_srq *ibv_create_srq(struct ibv_pd *pd,
>			       struct ibv_srq_init_attr *srq_init_attr);

>so the library should just update srq_init_attr with the values
>actually used to create the SRQ.  The parameter isn't declared const
>or anything, so this should be fine for the 1.0 release.

In the kernel level, You are right: I sent a patch to enable the mthca
low level driver to update those attributes.

In the user level the response structure doesn't allow the return of the
SRQ attributes from kernel level to user level, so I think that the ABI
should be changed to support it.

What do you think?

Dotan