[openib-general] create QP failure

Kyle Schochenmaier kschoche at scl.ameslab.gov
Wed Feb 22 09:27:41 PST 2006

Yesterday we updated to the 2.6.15 kernel release from 2.6.14, as well
as from libibverbs rc5 to rc7.
Some code that previously worked now returns an error on a second call
to ibv_create_qp(**).

Here's a snippet:

    c->qp = ibv_create_qp(c->pd, &att);
    if(!c->qp)
        error(1, "%s: create QP", __func__);

    c->qp_ack = ibv_create_qp(c->pd, &att);
    if (!c->qp_ack)
        error(1, "%s: create QP ack", __func__);

The second ibv_create_qp() call fails for some reason, even though it's
being initialized with the same attributes as the first call/qp.
I didnt see anything in particular that said this should break on
updating to the latest rc's.
Have I missed a major change which would cause this to break now?

thanks,
 - Kyle

--
Kyle Schochenmaier