[openib-general] create QP failure

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Feb 22 14:54:42 PST 2006

    Kyle> The second ibv_create_qp() call fails for some reason, even
    Kyle> though it's being initialized with the same attributes as
    Kyle> the first call/qp.  I didnt see anything in particular that
    Kyle> said this should break on updating to the latest rc's.  Have
    Kyle> I missed a major change which would cause this to break now?

It should still work.  There was a change to the interface, so that
the kernel now returns the real QP capacities so libibverbs can give
you the true QP attributes that your QP was created with.  This
probably introduced a bug somewhere.

Can you trim down your code to a simple testcase that shows this
failure?  Failing that, can you capture the output of running your
program with "strace -ewrite -ewrite=all" up to the point where the
second QP create fails?

Thanks,
  Roland