[openib-general] create QP failure

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Feb 22 15:13:33 PST 2006

On 2/22/06, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:
>    Kyle> The second ibv_create_qp() call fails for some reason, even
>    Kyle> though it's being initialized with the same attributes as
>    Kyle> the first call/qp.  I didnt see anything in particular that
>    Kyle> said this should break on updating to the latest rc's.  Have
>    Kyle> I missed a major change which would cause this to break now?
>
> It should still work.  There was a change to the interface, so that
> the kernel now returns the real QP capacities so libibverbs can give
> you the true QP attributes that your QP was created with.  This
> probably introduced a bug somewhere.

Roland, is the attribute structure now being used as an output
parameter when it wasn't before?  If so, what happens if the output
from one create_qp call gets passed as input into another?

And Kyle, did the application reset the attributes before the second
call, or just pass the output of the first call as input to the
second?

- Fab