[openib-general] Towards a 1.0 release of OpenIB

Moni Levy monil at voltaire.com
Thu Feb 23 05:51:16 PST 2006

On 2/22/06, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at pathscale.com> wrote:
>      * We would like everyone to be able to run the same tests, so
>        someone must gather test suites and execution instructions
>        together.

How would you like to manage that list of tests ? Wiki ?

> Within the next week, I'd like to gain an understanding of the following
> things:
>
>      * Which features users want to see tested

again, do you expect that the tests will be listed in email or you
prefer to start some kind of a document ?

>      * Which distros users want binary packages for

I guess that SLES 10 latest beta & EL4 in my opinion will be ok to start with.

>      * Who can sign up to build and test those packages

I hope that the distros teams will be happy to do so together with the
vendor companies.

>      * Whether we need to be building binary kernel packages to make
>        testing more consistent

That might be a good idea for also simplifying the test setups bring up process.
I think that we at least need to agree on a reference .config for the
latest kernel to use for common ground.

Moni Levy   |  +972-971-7670(o)
Project Manager, Mainstream IB host stack
Voltaire – The Grid Backbone
http://www.voltaire.com/