[openib-general] Towards a 1.0 release of OpenIB

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Thu Feb 23 08:24:44 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 16:58 +0200, Gali Zisman wrote:

> I am a little concerned about the release timeline.
> It looks like the GA date is May 08. If I remember correctly the SLES 10
> release date is before that. And it looks a little late for the RH
> release plan as well.

I understand this concern.  There's a natural tension between wanting
the distro vendors to be able to package and ship something and having
that something be reasonably functional and somewhat tested.

> We need to make sure that the distributions could use this release.

Doug, do you have any comments in this regard?

> Of course I can not comment on their behalf but it is curtail that we
> get their approval to the schedule.

I don't know who's even paying attention to any of this at Novell/SUSE,
I'm afraid.  I'd certainly welcome their input.

	<b