[openib-general] Towards a 1.0 release of OpenIB

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 11:41:35 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:24:44AM -0800, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 16:58 +0200, Gali Zisman wrote:
>
> > I am a little concerned about the release timeline.
> > It looks like the GA date is May 08. If I remember correctly the SLES 10
> > release date is before that. And it looks a little late for the RH
> > release plan as well.
>
> I understand this concern.  There's a natural tension between wanting
> the distro vendors to be able to package and ship something and having
> that something be reasonably functional and somewhat tested.
>
> > We need to make sure that the distributions could use this release.
>
> Doug, do you have any comments in this regard?

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to discuss dates for our releases.  Having
said that, you guys do what you feel is best, and I'll find a way to work
with it.  You get me a strong, stable, complete 1.0 release and I'll move
mountains to make sure I'm supporting that instead of something I threw
together myself over the course of the 7 year lifetime we promise for RHEL
releases ;-)

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>     919-754-3700 x44233
         Red Hat, Inc.