[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Feb 24 09:31:15 PST 2006

Hi Bryan,

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 12:16, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Here is a first cut at the set of components (protocols, drivers,
> userspace bits) that I think we should be supporting in 1.0.  Please
> look over it and let me know if I'm missing anything.
>
> HCA support (both kernel driver and userspace verbs components):
>
>       * ehca
>       * ipath
>       * mthca
>
> IB protocols:
>
>       * IPoIB
>       * RC
>       * SDP
>       * SRQ
>       * UC
>       * UD

I don't understand RC, UC, UD being separately listed here.

> Userland software:
>
>       * libibverbs
>       * libsdp
>       * opensm

There are diags as well as OpenSM in the management directory.

Also, what about librdmacm ? libibcm ?

> As far as I can tell, most of the rest of OpenIB userland (libibcm,
> libibat, libibmad, etc) is logically part of OpenSM,

libibmad (and libibcommon and libibumad) are but libibcm and libibat are
not. I believe libibat as well as the core at and user_at are
superceeded by addr and libibrdma.

>  can be treated as
> such (I think Doug is already doing this with his Red Hat spec files)
> and is unlikely to be used by other applications.  Am I way off?
>
> Components that I don't know what to do about, and will likely want to
> drop unless someone can vouch for them:
>
>       * iSER
>       * SRP
>       * uDAPL