[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Fri Feb 24 18:25:04 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 17:25 -0800, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 22:27 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> > >       * SDP
> >
> > There's various political problems involved here.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what kinds?

  MS claims that an SDP implementation *may* use some of their IP.  Of
course they don't tell you which patents.  The task of deciding what
risk is associated with SDP (licensing, etc.) is left as an exercise to
the reader.  Various individuals and companies on this list have looked
into the SDP licensing issue, but I haven't seen much (needed)
discussion lately.

  - Matt