[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Feb 27 17:56:02 PST 2006

Sujal wrote,
>Will the release address following test/support scenarios pertaining to the
>specific Open IB components being discussed?

>- OS distro and kernel versions to be tested with - RHAs, SLES, SUSE Pro,
Fedora >etc..., kernel 2.6.13, 14.... etc

We will probably help test RHEL4 and perhaps the latest kernel.org kernel
with uDAPL and Intel MPI.

What are your plans for testing various kernels and such ?

>- CPU and chipset platforms

We will test on Intel chipsets and platforms ?
Lindenhurst, Tiger, and some older i686 Xeon platforms.

What platforms can you help with testing ?

>- Variations on each HCA hardware.  For example - with Mellanox, we have
DDR,
>SDR, Mem-free etc.

We will test Mellanox SDR and DDR cards on x86_64, SDR on IPF, SDR on Xeon
ia32 platforms.

>- Testing with various switches available

We will test Mellanox SDR switches.

>- Testing for performance/features with ISV / user level apps apps -
Fluent, >Oracle, DB2, LSDyna, MPI etc

We will do some testing of real MPI applications using Intel MPI on uDAPL.

>- Testing with available storage targets - both gateways and native, SRP
and
>iSER?

I will do some limited testing of iSer. Not sure I have time to do SRP also,
how about you ? can you help with testing SRP ?

The more people that help, the better the release will be.

woody