[openib-general] Re: We are ready with a Gen2 version of MVAPICH2

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Jan 8 14:37:20 PST 2006

    Dhabaleswar> Hi Roland, Hal and Woody, This is to let you know
    Dhabaleswar> that we are ready with a Gen2 version of MVAPICH2.

    Dhabaleswar> We plan to upload a stripped down version of this new
    Dhabaleswar> release to the OpenIB SVN at the following location:

    Dhabaleswar> https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/userspace/mpi/

    Dhabaleswar> We will create a mvapich2-gen2 directory under the
    Dhabaleswar> above path and upload the files.

This is exactly where your existing source tree is checked in.  I
assume you are planning on simply checking in the changes since your
last update.  If so, that should be fine.

However, let me reiterate what I said the last time this came up.  The
openib subversion repository should not be used simply as a
distribution channel; if you are not using the subversion repository
as your real source code control system, then I don't think it's
appropriate to dump code drops in every few months.

 - R.