[openib-general] Re: We are ready with a Gen2 version of MVAPICH2

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Jan 8 16:49:10 PST 2006

    Dhabaleswar> What I am talking about here is the new mvapich2-gen2
    Dhabaleswar> (MPI-2) version we have developed. The existing one
    Dhabaleswar> at the SVN is the mvapich-gen2 (MPI-1) version. Thus,
    Dhabaleswar> we will have two directories there (one for MPI-1
    Dhabaleswar> version and the other one for MPI-2 version).

Sorry for the confusion -- I missed the 2nd "2" in the directory
name.  Yes, that is definitely fine.

    Dhabaleswar> Thanks for reiterating the comments. I completely
    Dhabaleswar> agree with it. As indicated above, for the existing
    Dhabaleswar> mvapich-gen2 (MPI-1) version, we have been using the
    Dhabaleswar> SVN repository as the real source code control system
    Dhabaleswar> (not as the distribution channel) and we plan to
    Dhabaleswar> continue this trend. We plan to do the same with the
    Dhabaleswar> new mvapich2-gen2 (MPI-2) version with the SVN
    Dhabaleswar> repository too.

Hmm... the full diffstat of all the changes to mpid made since the
initial checkin is:

$ svn diff -r3157 mpi/mvapich-gen2/mpid/ch_gen2|diffstat -p2
 mpid/ch_gen2/dreg.c          |    1
 mpid/ch_gen2/ibverbs_const.h |    1
 mpid/ch_gen2/vbuf.h          |    2 -
 mpid/ch_gen2/viaparam.c      |   11 ++++++++-
 mpid/ch_gen2/viaparam.h      |    1

Is that really all the MPI-1 development you've done since August '05?
(There are also some big changes like deleting most of the extra files
and renaming a few documents, but that's all the real changes that I see)

 - R.