[openib-general] Re: get_lock.h on ia64 support

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Mon Jan 9 12:23:44 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:34:35PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Donnu :)
> Is this working on SP2?

I'm pretty sure SP2 is the current SLES9 release.
Likely it will have compile issues in a similar/same way.
I haven't tried.  I've not had time yet to integrated perftests
into my regular (montly about) netperf runs.

> > SLES9 doesn't support openib drivers - I'm not surprised there
> > are compilation problems.
>
> Naturally, I've replaced the kernel with 2.6.15.
> I haven't run into problems, yet.

OIC. I'm doing the same thing with Debian.

In the past, I've just redirected /usr/include/asm to point
at the "raw" linux kernel header files. I haven't needed to
do that in quite a while though.

> > Yeah, I've been real comfortable including kernel asm files.

sorry - should read "I've NOT been...".

> > But it was the most portable way of getting the cycle counts.
> > If you feel strongly about it, I don't mind getting rid of
> > this dependency.
>
> Yeah. FWIW I still plan to keep
>
> #else
> #warning get_cycles not implemented for this architecture: attempt asm/timex.h
> #include <asm/timex.h>
> #endif

Ok. That'll work as well as it works now then.
And this is open source. Folks can still add new arches
if asm/timex.h doesn't work for them.

thanks,
grant