[openib-general] SA cache design

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Tue Jan 10 16:19:38 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:00:46PM -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:
> I did find that libdb-4.2 was installed on SuSE and RedHat systems, and a
> libodbc was on my SuSE system.  Libdb-4.2 would help manage some of the SA
> objects to a file, but is limited in its data storage and retrieval
> capabilities.  If a true relational database couldn't be used, libdb would
> definitely be useful.

I forgot to point out postgres:
	http://www.postgresql.org/about/

Several packages (e.g. postfix, ldap) offer different backends so
the admin can decide how sophisticated the data storage and retrieval
needs to be. With roughly 150K employees, HP has a rather sophisticated
LDAP/postfix setup to manage logins. But I don't need that for the 10 boxes
I manage outside the firewall. Same is probably true for SA cache.

grant