[openib-general] SA cache design

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Jan 10 15:00:46 PST 2006

Grant Grundler wrote:
> We already have several databases for different things:
> 	makedb	(primarily for NSS)
> 	updatedb (fast lookup of local files)
> 	mandb	(man pages)
> 	rpmdb	(yes, even on debian boxes)
> 	sasldbconverter2 (for SASL - linux securty/login stuff)
> 	*db4.3* (Berkeley v4.3 Database - used by apt-get/dpkg, Apache,
> 		python, libns-db, postfix, etc)
>
> In fact, looks like a debian "testing" box would be disfunctional
> without Berkeley Database. Would that work?

Thanks for pointing these out.

I did find that libdb-4.2 was installed on SuSE and RedHat systems, and a
libodbc was on my SuSE system.  Libdb-4.2 would help manage some of the SA
objects to a file, but is limited in its data storage and retrieval
capabilities.  If a true relational database couldn't be used, libdb would
definitely be useful.