[openib-general] stable/recommended revision ?

Jean-Christophe Hugly jice at pantasys.com
Wed Jan 11 12:46:28 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 11:22 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Jean-Christophe> I bet it is a frequently asked question, but not
>     Jean-Christophe> one that I found answered so far. May be just
>     Jean-Christophe> posting a "safe-bet" revision number on the main
>     Jean-Christophe> page would be good enough. (or is always going to
>     Jean-Christophe> be "HEAD" :-) ?)
>
> In general, our goal is that the head of the svn tree is the best
> subversion revision.

Thanks. That's the way I like it too :-)

However, such a policy is not without its own set of issues. The one
that caused me to ask the question in the first place is this:

The folks at openmpi did publish a stable release which compiled
splendidly against the libs installed by
openib-userspace-svn3640-1.x86_64.rpm (thanks to the contributor, btw).

But as soon as I installed openib's latest and greatest, a change of API
caused openmpi to fail to compile. :-(

Oh well, hopefully I'll get around that by grabbing the bleeding edge
from openmpi as well. Or is it reasonable to try and leave the userspace
stuff alone and update only the k code ?

--
Jean-Christophe Hugly <jice at pantasys.com>
PANTA