[openib-general] stable/recommended revision ?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jan 11 14:11:53 PST 2006

    Jean-Christophe> Oh well, hopefully I'll get around that by
    Jean-Christophe> grabbing the bleeding edge from openmpi as
    Jean-Christophe> well. Or is it reasonable to try and leave the
    Jean-Christophe> userspace stuff alone and update only the k code
    Jean-Christophe> ?

There was one API change in libibverbs that I wanted to make before
freezing the API for a 1.0 release series.  You can definitely try to
upgrade the kernel only -- the userspace libraries will tell you if
the kernel is too new for them to understand.  I don't remember when
the last kernel/user ABI breakage was, but there shouldn't be any
silent problems anyway.

 - R.