[openib-general] Re: ipoib: outstanding patches

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jan 11 22:53:47 PST 2006

    Michael> We cant leave the destructor set after unloading the
    Michael> module.

    Michael> This is because ops structure is not per neighbour and
    Michael> not per device.  So while kernel destroys all neighbours
    Michael> it created for our device, the ops structure is shared
    Michael> with neighbours for other devices.

Ugh.  So we're relying on the fact that no one else is sticking
something in the ->ha member where we stash the ipoib_neigh.

Basically we're getting lucky that this works at all.

As you said in your other mail, it seems like a more fundamental
reorganization of this neighbour destructor stuff is required.

 - R.