[openib-general] affiliated asynchronous errors

keshetti mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 17 22:17:02 PDT 2006

suppose an work request is in process and due to some reason catastrophic error  occured then i assume that  the driver will report this error as an affiliated asynchronous error(IB_EVENT_QP_FATAL) to that QP
and there will not be any completion  corresponding to that work request(will there be ?????)
(am i right or missing something)

now as there is no event handler for the QP (suppose in the case of SDP )  how do the ULP come to know about it

-Mahesh
Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com> wrote: keshetti mahesh wrote:
> if an affiliated asynchronous error occurs and still there are some
> outstanding workrequests on the workqueue then whether flush error
> completion is generated for those completions or not?

Outstanding work requests should complete with flushed status.

> suppose in SDP it is not registering any event handler while creating
> QP. so if any affiliated asynchronous error happens then how do the SDP
> will come to know about that and what happens to the outstanding work
> requests on the QP?

I guess that SDP could detect an error when it polls the CQ and sees a
non-success completion status.