[openib-general] affiliated asynchronous errors

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jul 17 23:14:36 PDT 2006

Hi.

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 08:17, keshetti mahesh wrote:

> suppose an work request is in process and due to some reason catastrophic error  occured then i assume that  the driver will report this error as an affiliated asynchronous error(IB_EVENT_QP_FATAL) to that QP
> and there will not be any completion  corresponding to that work request(will there be ?????)
> (am i right or missing something)
Do you know what is the reason for this catastrophic error?
most of the time, when you will get this event your CQ is in error (CQ overrun).

> now as there is no event handler for the QP (suppose in the case of SDP )  how do the ULP come to know about it
You will get an affiliated event + completion with error.

I don't familiar with the SDP code, but as much as i know the module that handles
the IB resources should set the async event handler for all of it's resources
to know what is the state of them (for error and notification events).

Dotan