[openib-general] affiliated asynchronous errors

keshetti mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 18 01:51:09 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com> wrote: keshetti mahesh wrote:
>> if an affiliated asynchronous error occurs and still there are some
>> outstanding workrequests on the workqueue then whether flush error
>> completion is generated for those completions or not?

>Outstanding work requests should complete with flushed status.

but the above statement  is contradicting the statement from the IB specs
"For QPs:
• For Affiliated Asynchronous Errors, it may not be possible to con-tinue
to process Work Requests. In this case, outstanding Work
Requests will not be completed.
• When handling the error notification, it is the responsibility of the
Consumer to ensure that all error processing has completed prior
to forcing the QP to reset. " (p.no 461 vol-1.2)

what i can understood from the above statement is,  no completion will be generated for the workrequest which is in progress when an affliated asynchronous error occured.

>> suppose in SDP it is not registering any event handler while creating
>> QP. so if any affiliated asynchronous error happens then how do the SDP
>> will come to know about that and what happens to the outstanding work
>> requests on the QP?

>I guess that SDP could detect an error when it polls the CQ and sees a  non-success completion status.

if there is no completion from where SDP will poll???
>- Sean

-Mahesh