[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] New iWARP Branch

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Jun 5 11:18:17 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 00:43 -0400, Sundeep Narravula wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>    We are trying the new iwarp branch on ammasso adapters. The installation
> has gone fine. However, on running rping there is a error during
> disconnect phase.
>
> $ rping -c -vV -C4 -S4 -a 150.10.108.100 -p 9999
> libibverbs: Warning: no userspace device-specific driver found for uverbs1
>          driver search path: /usr/local/lib/infiniband
> libibverbs: Warning: no userspace device-specific driver found for uverbs0
>          driver search path: /usr/local/lib/infiniband
> ping data: rdm
> ping data: rdm
> ping data: rdm
> ping data: rdm
> cq completion failed status 5
> DISCONNECT EVENT...
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0804ea80 ***
> Aborted
>
> There are no apparent errors showing up in dmesg. Is this error
> currently expected?
>
> Thanks,
>    --Sundeep.

The cq completion failure is expected (rping doesn't try to gracefully
close down).  But the glibc error sounds like a bug.

Can you try this on an IB transport?  Also, why are you getting "no
driver found" errors for uverbs0 and uverbs1?  Are these amso devices?

Boyd, can you please try and reproduce this here?

Steve.