[openib-general] Re: Failed multicast join withnew multicast module

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jun 9 13:35:55 PDT 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> The other issue is whether you trust the state of the network or not
> when the SM comes up. That's sometimes a dangerous proposition.

I considered this, but I think there's a difference between trusting one of the
systems on the network, versus the network as a whole.  For example, as long as
the MCMember records from the end nodes mesh with MulticastForwarding tables on
the switches, then we may be okay.

Also, the MCMember records carry both the MGID and MLID, so what more would you
need?