[openib-general] design for communication established affiliated asynchronous event handling

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jun 16 09:13:34 PDT 2006

James Lentini wrote:
>>As an alternative, I don't think that there's any reason why the QP
>>can't be transition to RTS when the CM REP is sent.
>
> I like this idea. It simplifies how ULPs handle this issue. Are there
> any spec. compliance issues with this?

There's no spec compliance issues that I can readily find.  I will make a note
to fix this, as well as handle the connection established event as Or suggested,
but it will be a couple of weeks before I get to this.  (I will be attending the
workshop next week.)

> If the passive side CM doesn't receive an RTU, the passive side CM
> should retransmit the REP. At least that is how I read 12.9.8.6
> "Timeouts and Retries" in the IBTA spec. I can't find where this
> happens in the code. Did I miss it?

The MAD layer retries the CM messages, typically until the CM cancels the operation.