[openib-general] design for communication established affiliated asynchronous event handling

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jun 16 09:31:36 PDT 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> IMO, it would violate the CM state machine and the passive CM transition
> specification in 12.9.7.2 and have the effect of circumventing the
> retransmission of REP on lost RTU. Data can't fly until either the RTU
> or the first data message is received from the other direction.

This moves the QP state to RTS, as opposed to the CEP state to connected.  So I
don't believe that it violates the spec.

A drawback to moving the QP to RTS is that the communication established event
will not be generated.  This forces us to wait for the RTU to move the CEP to
connected, or we need to do it upon receiving the first completion.

The RDMA CM has no knowledge when the latter occurs, so would need user input.