[openib-general] RFC: CMA backlog (was Re: CMA backlog)

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Jun 26 12:13:34 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>>It may makes sense for
>>ib_destroy_cm_id() to call the new routine, but I'm not sure about that yet.
>

> Maybe add a new routine getting a response flag, and use that from
> ib_destroy_cm_id?

I'm not following what you mean here.

Originally, I was suggesting taking the bottom portion of ib_destroy_cm_id() and
making it the "destroy no response" call.  But after thinking about it more, I'
don't believe that the cleanup is that easy.  We still need to check and modify
the cm_id state to ensure that newly received MADs are handled correctly, plus
remove the cm_id from any trees used to track the connection.