[openib-general] RFC: CMA backlog (was Re: CMA backlog)

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jun 26 12:40:10 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> Subject: Re: [openib-general] RFC: CMA backlog (was Re: CMA backlog)
>
> Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> >>It may makes sense for
> >>ib_destroy_cm_id() to call the new routine, but I'm not sure about that yet.
> >

> > Maybe add a new routine getting a response flag, and use that from
> > ib_destroy_cm_id?
>
> I'm not following what you mean here.

I'm just saying that we can use exactly the code in ib_destroy_cm_id, but
avoid calling ib_send_cm_rej in this one case:

        case IB_CM_REQ_RCVD:
        case IB_CM_MRA_REQ_SENT:
        case IB_CM_REP_RCVD:
        case IB_CM_MRA_REP_SENT:
+		if (noresponse)
+			cm_reset_to_idle(cm_id_priv);
                spin_unlock_irqrestore(&cm_id_priv->lock, flags);
+		if (noresponse)
                ib_send_cm_rej(cm_id, IB_CM_REJ_CONSUMER_DEFINED,
                               NULL, 0, NULL, 0);

So we get all the handling for free, just avoid sending out the MAD.

--
MST