[openib-general] CMA stuff

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Mar 2 13:13:04 PST 2006

Roland Dreier wrote:
> What's the latest state of the CMA for merging upstream?  Have there
> been any changes since the last patchset you sent out?
>
> I'd like to at least put it in a branch of my git tree, and try to get
> some consensus (even if it is "no one cares enough to comment, go
> ahead and merge it") before 2.6.17 opens up.  So I want to work with
> the latest code for merging upstream.

I haven't received any feedback.  I was waiting for 2.6.17 to open up before
pinging the kernel mail list again.  I think that the changes between the
upstream submission and svn include a few modifications to support iWarp better
and use of the local SA cache.

The iWarp changes require changes to ib_verbs (e.g. adding
rdma_node_get_transport()).