[openib-general] Re: testing amso1100

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Mar 20 09:46:55 PST 2006

Pete,

So were you able to get krping running on the amso adapters?

> There are a couple of warnings in yanking out some modules
> needed by rdma_ucm.  This on the console:
>
>     am30# rmmod ib_mad
>     ib_agent: Port 1 not found
>     ib_mad: Couldn't close amso0 port 1 for agents
>     ib_mad: Port 1 not found
>     ib_mad: Couldn't close amso0 port 1

This is normal for now.  the mad/agent stuff shouldn't try to use iwarp
devices.

> And pulling out iw_c2 takes a looong time:
>
>     am30# time rmmod iw_c2
>     c2: drivers/infiniband/hw/amso1100/c2_provider.c:c2_unregister_device:862
>     ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:09:08.0 disabled
>     0.000 user  0.008 sys  60.085 real

I've never seen this.  I'm wondering how old these amso cards are?  Are
they running the latest fpga image from 1.2u1?  IE:  did you use the
Ammasso 1.2u1 package and ccflash2 to bring the device up to the latest
HW image?  I'm not talking about firmware.  1.2u1 released a new FPGA
image that needs to be applied with the 1.2u1 ccflash2.

Once the fpga is up to date, then use the openib kit to get the firmware
loader tools to load the firmware at iw_c2 mod insert time.

Hollar if you have more questions...

Steve.