[openib-general] Re: patch request: openib 1.0-rc1 IPoIB destructor patch

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 23 18:39:57 PST 2006

Quoting r. Shirley Ma <xma at us.ibm.com>:
> Subject: Re: patch request: openib 1.0-rc1 IPoIB destructor patch
>

> I thought the IPoIB destructor problem can be addressed either without or with kernel change. Maybe I am wrong. Without changing the kernel, this problem couldn't be addressed?

svn trunk includes ipoib work-around for 2.6.16. This might be what you want.

> So openib 1.0 release has a kernel dependency here.
> How can we handle this problem in the environment doesn't allow any kernel changes?

ipoib is not part of openib releases, it is part of the kernel releases.  To
handle bugs in released kernels, you backport fixes from the development kernel
and push to stable team.

We handle the kernel dependency problem by making userspace compatible with
older kernels.

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies