[openib-general] Re: .toc is not generated for indexing service module

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Mar 27 10:00:39 PST 2006

Heiko J Schick wrote:
> it seems that the "indexing service" module (index.c) doesn't call any
> external functions. In that case, the .toc will not be generated on PPC64
> and the file linux/arch/powerpc/kernel/module_64.c will not load the
> module,
> because of a missing .toc entry in the ELF section. You can see it in the
> following output:

In general, I don't have a problem adding a printk statement to the code, but
I'd like to understand the problem better.

Is this problem limited to PPC64?  Does the index code have some other issue
with it?  It makes calls to kzalloc, memcmp, kfree, and memset.  Do those calls
not work for this case?